Certified Cicerone® is the second level of certification through the Cicerone Certification Program. Those who achieve this certification have a deep and well-rounded knowledge of beer and beer service, as well as competence in assessing beer quality and identity by taste. The four-hour exam covers five areas of knowledge; keeping and serving beer, beer styles, beer flavor and evaluation, beer ingredients and brewing processes, and pairing beer with food. Passing the Certified Beer Server exam is a perquisite for the Certified Cicerone exam. Click HERE to read more.
Open to Members of the Trade Only
If you are already logged in and have passed the CBS exam:
Click HERE to go directly to the exam registration page.
If you do not have an account:
1. Visit www.cicerone.org and click "Create An Account" and set up your account first.
2.Click on “My Account”. Scroll down and look for the box that says, “Ready for the Exam?” and click on REGISTER.
3. Choose the exam date you need from the dropdown .
4. Choose the exam type you need from the second drop down .
5. Click “Add to cart”.
6. You should see a green bar that confirms you’ve added the Certified Cicerone Exam to your cart. Click “Checkout”.
7. Enter billing & shipping information—this is where we will send your patch & pin when you pass the exam!
8. Click on “CONTINUE TO NEXT STEP”.
9. You should see a screen that says CHECKOUT COMPLETE. You’ve successfully purchased the Certified Cicerone Exam. You’ll get more instructions via email about one week prior to the exam.
If you have any questions about accessing the exam or need technical assistance, contact the Cicerone Certification Program at email@example.com or reach us at 773-549-4800, Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm CST.