The Wine Smarties is the approved San Diego satellite #838 of Neptune School of Wine, a WSET Approved Program Provider. The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) was founded in 1969 in London, England to promote, provide and develop high quality education and training in wines, spirits, and other alcoholic beverages for those already in or intending to join the trade and enthusiastic consumers throughout the world. Since it's inception, WSET has grown into the leading and most recognized educational program in the alcoholic beverage industry worldwide. Currently, the program is taught in 19 languages, in 62 countries by 61,542 students from 2014-2015 alone.
The WSET Level 1: Foundation in Wines Hospitality Training Program
The WSET Intermediate Certificate is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of wines and spirits. It is designed to provide basic knowledge and skills in the service and retail of wine. It is taught in 6 hours, and at the end of the training and assessment the student should be able to:
- Display a basic understanding of the factors that determine the main styles of wine
- Describe in general terms the main characteristics of the principal grape varieties
- Describe and demonstrate the procedures for the storage and service of wine
- Produce simple tasting notes using the Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting©
- Display a basic understanding of general food and wine matching recommendations
Course Pricing & Registration:The Foundation Program costs $285 (plus tax) for the teaching, exam and all course materials per person.
Contact Lindsay Pomeroy of The Wine Smarties for further information.
Lindsay@winesmarties.com, 619-955-8884, www.winesmarties.com.