DetailsThe WSET Level 1 Award in Sake is intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge of sake. It is designed to provide a sound but simple introduction to sake. The qualification will assist those who need a basic familiarity with the main styles and categories of sake, for example people who work with sake as part of a larger beverage portfolio, in retail and hospitality sectors.
Successful candidates will be able to list the principal categories of sake, and state their defining characteristics, and know the key principles involved in the storage and service of sake. They will consequently be in a position to answer customer queries and provide recommendations for the service of sake.
- Exercise 1: What is Sake?
- Exercise 2: Overview of Sake Production
- Exercise 3: Categories and Grades of Sake
- Exercise 4: Introduction to Tasting
- Exercise 5: Making Different Styles of Sake
- Exercise 6: Reading Japanese Kanji
- Exercise 7: Specialty Styles of Sake
- Exercise 8: Storage and Service of Sake
- Exercise 9: Sake and Food
- Closed book exam of 30 multiple choice questions
- Bring picture ID to the exam to confirm your identity