- In 2013, Michael Cervin (Wall Street Journal, Decanter) rated Wesley Hagen as one of the 100 Most Influential Winemakers in the Unites States (#68).
- Wes worked as Vineyard Manager and Winemaker at Clos Pepe Vineyards and Estate Wines in the Sta. Rita Hills for 20 years and is considered an industry leader in Santa Barbara Wine, having served for more than a decade on the Board of Directors for both Santa Barbara County Vintners and Santa Rita Hills Winegrowers Alliance.
- Wesley Hagen is an accomplished wine writer, researcher and lecturer. Wes researched, wrote and had approved four AVA’s in Santa Barbara County: Sta. Rita Hills, Happy Canyon, Ballard Canyon and Alisos Canyon.
- He has written for the L.A Times Magazine, Sommelier Journal, Burgundy Report and has appeared and been featured / quoted numerous times in the Wine Spectator, Wine Advocate and Wine Enthusiast. Wes is also the current Central Coast Wine Beat Writer for the Somm Journal/Tasting Panel and has written for WineMaker Magazine for over 20 years.
- Wes teaches the Food and Wine Pairing program at Allan Hancock College for nearly a decade and lectured on the History of Wine and Santa Barbara Wine at the Smithsonian, SommCon, ESRI, Cornell University, Caltech and many, many other prestigious institutions.
- Has also been nominated for a TED-talk on the History of Wine.
Wesley Hagen is a featured speaker at SommCon San Diego