FREE WEBINAR AND Q&A WITH BEVERAGE INDUSTRY LEADERS
Preparing to Transition from the Restaurant Floor: Supplier Side Opportunities
COVID-19 has created a great deal of uncertainty in the sommelier community. Will restaurants open again? Will wine programs be the same? Will restaurants have space to have servers and sommeliers both working the floor? In this time of uncertainty, we have a tremendous resource – we have the asset of time. We can plan and decide on an end game. Whether a sommelier will transition this year or ten years from now, there needs to be a strategy and even if COVID-19 never happened, career planning is an important tool for everyone in the wine business.
- Listen to sommeliers who have made the transition and managed their careers
- Learn from former somms about opportunities available and as well as obstacles they faced along the way
- Christopher Pappe, an active recruitment executive, will highlight what a recruiter looks for in candidates for top paying jobs
- Moderator: Geoff Labitzke MW | Director of Sales, Kistler Vineyards; Former Director of Fine Wine, Young’s Market Company; Former Imports Manager, Wine Warehouse
- Christopher Pappe | CRP Trade Solutions; Former National Sales Manager, Dutton Goldfield Winery; Former Director of Restaurants, Four Seasons
- Emmanuel Kemiji MS | Owner, Miura Vineyards; Former Wine Director, Ritz Carlton Hotels
- Aaron Patrick MS | Director of Business Development, Republic National Distributing Company; Former Beverage Director, Bourbon Steak, Wingtip
- Bernard Sun | Luxury Accounts Manager, Kobrand Corporation; Former Corporate Beverage Director, Jean Georges Management Group
- Will Costello MS | Export Manager, Miller Family Wine Company; Estates Ambassador, Bien Nacido and Solomon Hills Wines; Former Wine Director, Manderin Oriental, Las Vegas; Former Sommelier, Addison Del Mar Hotel
- Brooke Barnett | Regional Director of Sales, Kistler Vineyards; Former Director of Hospitality, Kistler Vineyards; Former Wine Director and Sommelier, Megu Restaurant Group
Missed the live webinar? Access this session and our entire library of training and educational videos on-demand with a subscription to SommGo, SommCon’s new e-learning platform. Start your 7-day free trial today and let the learning begin!